Event InformationDATE AND TIME: friday, october 21, 2022. 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST / 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM GMT
LOCATION: the hybrid event will take place simultaneously at London and New York campuses, and online.
Sotheby's Institute of Art students and recent alumni are invited to join us for a kickoff session detailing the Enterprise Studio.
About this event
The Enterprise Studio which supports students pursuing an entrepreneurial path by helping them turn ideas into companies, will start to operate this month.
We invite our students and recent alumni to join us for the kickoff session on October 21. Please confirm your attendance via the RSVP button.
At this first session, we will provide the following:
- Short introduction & overview of our brief (but exciting) history
- Program objectives & schedule for the balance of the semester
- Who should try to attend
- Gavel Competition (real cash prize!) and what you need to do to position yourself to win
You have three options to join us:
- In-person at the New York Campus (Lex 1)
- In-person at the London Campus (Room 30 D/E)
Once you have confirmed your attendance, please click the link below to join the session:
Meeting ID: 913 2128 6214
About the Enterprise Studio
The Enterprise Studio exists to foster and support a community of innovators in the art and creative industries through the combination of workshops, 1:1 mentoring, and access to industry experts. The Enterprise Studio was born out of a need and demand to infuse the Sotheby's Institute of Art graduate art professional program with best practices. The Enterprise Studio is both local and global. We support SIA students and alums worldwide and are anchored in two leading art and entrepreneurial centers, New York & London. Our Sotheby's Institute graduates have started leading art-technology companies, crypto-focused art companies, cutting-edge galleries, data-centric art companies, and leading not-for-profits.
The Gavel Prize consists of the following:
- The Award of a prize of seed capital of up to $40,000
- One year of start-up space for your project team in New York or London
- Dedicated mentor support for the first year of the business launch process
- Industry and investment introductions tailored to the winner's business proposal
Length of the program:
October 2022 - May 2023
Who can participate:
Current MA students from New York and London Campuses, Hybrid students, and recent alums.